- "Never let your guard down! You expect the battle to be fair! A battle will never be fair!"
- —Antiope to Diana
Arrival of Man on ThemysciraEdit
Antiope is a very beautiful Amazonian woman: standing at five ten, to six-feet tall, with tan skin, blue eyes, blonde hair that is pulled back into a ponytail and an athletic physique.
Dressed in her warrior garb, Antiope wears a dark brown armor on her upper body. Unlike her sisters, she doesn't wear a skirt - instead she wears a short loincloth on her front with a split pads on her sides and on the back, knee high dark brown armored combat boots with stockings covering most of her thighs. Antiope wears a strap across her chest to carry her bows and a shoulder pad on her right shoulder. Going into battle, Antiope wears a gold and brown headpiece. Antiope also wears her brown Bulletproof Bracelets.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Amazon Physiology: As an Amazon, Antiope has numerous natural abilities supposedly granted to them by the Gods of Olympus:
- Super Strength: Antiope has the highest level of superhuman strength among the Amazons, allowing her to swiftly and easily defeat many invading German soldiers and Parademons. While she cannot rival a full-power Wonder Woman, Antiope is still strong enough to pressure her in battle when she had not unlocked her full potential, as shown in their duel, where Antiope can force her to exert much more effort in blocking her attacks than she did with the other elite Amazons and deliver blows powerful enough to stagger, disorient and even hurt the demigodess.
- Invulnerability: Antiope's body is much more resistant to physical harm than that of a human. Suffering little harm when Diana first clash her bracelets creating a shock-wave that could incapacitate most and survive high falls. She also emerged completely unharmed from the Invasion of Earth, a devastating battle that took many lives with her. Although it can be wounded by bullets and other sharp objects with enough force, leading Antiope to compensate for this by using his battle armor when the Germans armed with firearms they invaded Themyscira.
- Super Speed: As an Amazon, Antiope can move and react to values above the best human athlete, although far from the level of her semicircular niece Wonder Woman. Therefore, Antiope was able to stay in combat against Diana, and even blocking many hits from the much faster semidosa. He was also able to handle the Parademons' attacks equally fast.
- Super Agility: Antiope has displayed great agility, which allows her to jump on horseback and cut off the German soldiers before they could react properly, as well as dodge and react very quickly to their attacks.
- Super Stamina: Like all Amazons, Antiope's musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than that of humans. With this, she does not need to slow down or catch her breath during the battle againts the invading Germans during the First World War.
- Immortality: Antiope, due to being an Amazon, blessed by the gods, had lived for millennia without visibly aging (with her predating the War of the Gods and the creation of Themyscira by Zeus), which makes Antiope an ageless immortal.
- Master Combatant: Antiope was extremely skilled, fierce, and formidable in both armed and hand-to-hand combat, a master of a vast array of uniquely Amazon martial arts, with centuries of combat experience (as she predates Themyscira's creation), with her having fought to free her Amazon sisters from human slavery, and even surpassing her sister Hippolyta in combat skill. Indeed, prior to Wonder Woman reaching her full potential, Antiope was the greatest warrior of Themyscira, with Antiope wearing an the Elite Amazon tiara to signify this. She was capable of fighting evenly with Diana and even nearly defeating her in their practice, only losing when she tapped into her divine powers. Antiope was also an excellent teacher, as under her tutelage, many Amazons, including Wonder Woman herself, became great warriors. Hence, she made short work of many German soldiers during the World War I invasion of Themyscira. She was also able to kill many Parademons during Steppenwolf's invasion.
- Master Swordswoman: Antiope was incredibly skilled with swords, capable of easily defeating many Parademons during the First Invasion of Earth. During her training of Diana, Antiope fought evenly with and even managed to briefly gain the upper hand, although she ultimately was disarm.
- Expert Archer: Antiope was extremely skillful with bows, swiftly defeating multiple enemies simultaneously with it.
- Master Teacher: Antiope is an exceptional teacher in the combat arts of the Amazons, with her thus molding many Amazonian warriors into becoming highly skilled fighters. Under her tutelage, Diana eventually grew to be second only to her until she eventually surpassed her after gaining more experience and awaking her true powers.
- Master Leader: A natural leader, regarded with great respect as once she and her sister Hippolyta led the Amazons during their rebellion against slavery. Later she would become the Amazon General leading her warriors into battle, which they followed her without question.
- Omnilingualism: Antiope, as an Amazon, has the ability to fluently speak, read, and understand all human languages (even currently dead ones, like Ancient Greek, Latin, Sumerian, or Ottoman Turkish), as well as to instinctively identify a language's name when seeing it's written form.
- Limited Invulnerability - Although the Amazons have nigh-invulnerability, this is only to blunt objects or blunt force trauma, such as a powerful blow from a super-strong opponent. Sharp objects, such as knives and bullets can pierce their skin like they would any other human's, which is why their combat armor and bulletproof bracelets are such crucial parts of the Amazons' weaponry.
- Bracelets of Submission - two specialized incredibly durable gauntlets that all Amazons wear, in order to compensate for their vulnerability to sharp objects and bullets.
- Antiope's Sword - a magical Amazonian sword that Antiope wields in battle. Due to its nature, it is one of the few weapons that can actually injure the otherwise invulnerable Superman.
- Antiope's Shield - a magical Amazonian shield that Antiope uses to protect herself from other weapons and energy blasts (in tandem with her bracelets). It is virtually indestructible, capable of deflecting even a tremendously powerful energy attack.
- Antiope's Armor - Amazonian armor bestowed upon her by the Gods when she was created to protect man's world.
- Antiope's Bow and Arrows, and Daggers - Amazonian forged weaponry that Antiope wields in battle, and in training Diana over the years.
- Wonder Woman (First appearance)
- Wonder Woman (Novel)
- Wonder Woman 1984 (Flashback)
- Justice League (Flashback)
- Robin Wright was rumored for the role of Hippolyta after after the press release for Wonder Woman was revealed. TheWrap confirmed that Robin Wright's character was almost rewritten as Hippolyta before Connie Nielsen was cast.
|Wonder Woman universe|
|Media||Wonder Woman | Wonder Woman 1984|
|Characters||Diana/Wonder Woman | Hippolyta | Steve Trevor | Antiope | Menalippe | Etta Candy | Orana | Egeria | Acantha | Zeus | Charlie | Sameer | Chief | Artemis | Epione | Euboea | Philippus | Venelia | Niobe | Mnemosyne | Trigona | Penthesilea | Timandra | Bruce Wayne/Batman|
|Enemies||Ares | Erich Ludendorff | Doctor Poison | Cheetah | Slipknot|
|Miscellaneous||Themyscira | Amazons | Lasso of Truth | Bracelets of Submission | Sword of Athena | Gods of Olympus | Wonder Woman's Shield | Allies of World War I | Central Powers | God Killer | Amazons Army | Amazonian Armor | Cold War | Wonder Woman's Armor|