Benjamin Géza Affleck-Boldt (born August 15, 1972), better known as Ben Affleck, is an American actor, film director, screenwriter, and producer. He has won two Academy Awards, for writing and producing, and three Golden Globe Awards for his work as a director, writer, and producer. He is best known for portraying Bruce Wayne in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and the DC Comics Extended Universe.
Benjamin Géza Affleck-Boldt was born on August 15, 1972 in Berkeley, California, and was raised in Cambridge, Massachusetts. His mother, Chris Anne (née Boldt), is a school teacher, and his father, Timothy Byers Affleck, is a social worker; the two are now divorced. Ben has a younger brother, actor Casey Affleck, who was born in 1975. He is of mostly English, Irish, German, and Scottish ancestry. His middle name, "Géza", is after a family friend.
DC Extended UniverseEdit
Ben played Batman in the 2016 superhero film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. While the announcement of his casting was met with intense fan backlash, his performance ultimately met with a positive reception in an otherwise poorly-reviewed film. He was made an executive producer of the Justice League films. He will have some input in script and post-production decisions.
Ben was also hired by Warner Bros. to write, direct, and star in his own The Batman, but was later forced to focus on his role as an actor and turn over directorial duties to director Matt Reeves.
After the DC Extended UniverseEdit
To be added
To be added
- Affleck portrayed Matt Murdock/Daredevil in 2003's Daredevil, a Marvel Studio's film.
- Affleck portrayed actor Geogre Reeves in 2006's Hollywoodland.
- Affleck was met with heavy negative response when it was announced he would play Batman. Especially given the age difference between him and Cavill.
- Ben Affleck, Michael Shannon and fellow DCEU star Ewen Bremner previously worked together in the movie Pearl Harbor on Wikipedia.
- Due to his portrayal of Batman, Affleck was unofficially given the name of "Batfleck" by the fans.
- Affleck and J.K. Simmons previously worked together in the movie The Accountant on Wikipedia.
- Affleck and Chris Pine both portrayed the character Jack Ryan on Wikipedia in The Sum of All Fears on Wikipedia and Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit on Wikipedia respectively.