- "Let's build a better tomorrow, today"
- —LexCorp slogan
LexCorp Industries, simply known as LexCorp, is an international conglomerate founded by Alexander Luthor.
In 1974, East German emigre Alexander Luthor founded a company that specialized in petrochemicals and machinery. Through sheer grit and ferocity, he managed to carve an empire out of the company he named after himself.
In 2000, Luthor died unexpectedly and his only son Alexander Luthor, Jr. became CEO. Boldly changing the company's direction, LexCorp went on to become the second largest emerging corporation in the world as well as the top most charitable business in America.
The New WorldEdit
In 2013, when aliens, lead by the malevolent Kryptonian General Zod invaded the planet, they were ultimately defeated by another Kryptonian, Kal-El, who had been secretly living on Earth for many years, and would subsequently come to be known as "Superman" shortly thereafter.
Almost all Kryptonian equipment and weapons were sucked into the Phantom Zone when they were defeated. However, a Black Zero Dropship was left abandoned on a mountain in the Arctic, and LexCorp with their vast technologies have been working with DARPA and the US Military to try and understand the technologies, and possibly reverse-engineer them. General Zod's armor was also left on a LexCorp building site, and was subsequently confiscated and taken into LexCorp care for research and development purposes.
LexCorp then began buying up most of the damaged property in and around Metropolis and refurbishing it, providing local jobless people with new jobs after their places of work was wiped out by the Kryptonian attack, creating profitability for LexCorp in a city that was hit with a financial crisis.
- Alexander Macharia, Jr. - Current CEO and Owner
- Metropolis - LexCorp Tower stands tall in the center of Metropolis, being one of the tallest buildings in the city.
- Metropolis - LexCorp Facility is a scientific facility on the outskirts of Metropolis.
- LexCorp was mentioned in the tie-in promotional website for the non-canon 2011 film Green Lantern.
- Man of Steel (First appearance)
- Man of Steel (Novel)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Prequel
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice