- "You think you're unworthy to lead because you're of two different worlds, but that's exactly why you are worthy."
- —Mera to Arthur
Biography[edit | edit source]
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Not much about Mera's past is known, it's only known that at one point during the wars, she was taken in by Atlanna, and was raised with her and Orm and was arranged to be his bethrothed.
The Mother Box awakens[edit | edit source]
On the night of Superman’s death, his cries echoed throughout the world, even to the depths of the deep ocean. At the Atlantean Outpost, Mera and some soldiers guarding the Mother Box hear Superman’s cries and once they stop the Mother Box activates.
Fight for the Mother Box[edit | edit source]
While guarding the mother box, Mera arrives to have one of guards check the area, while another guard comes to alert her that Orm won’t send reinforcements to guard the box. Noting that he wants all the guards he can get to help wage war on the surface, Mera notes how shortsighted and cruel he is. The mother box activates again and a boom tubes open, Mera sends one of the guards to investigate Steppenwolf arrives and kills all her soldiers easily but Mera put up a decent fight by creating a gigantic air bubble around him and tried to crush him by pressurizing the water. Steppenwolf wasn't effected by her attack and slams her into the wall, Mera creates another air bubble around him, Steppenwolf tries to taunt her saying she can’t escape, to which Mera responds she isn’t trying to. Mera then begins to pull the water out of Steppenwolf’s body to the point where his blood is being pulled. He slams her into the ground and is about to kill her, but not before Arthur blocks his axe. Arthur fights off Steppenwolf to no avail, he escapes with the mother box in his boom tube. After Steppenwolf's escape, Mera goes to talk to Orin, placing an air bubble around them for privacy they discuss his mother, and how it would have been her responsibility to follow Steppenwolf to the surface and stop him from performing the Unity, since Orin is the first born of Atlanna, it's his responsibility now. Arthur doesn’t seem to really care and instead leaves the air bubble to swim away.
Seeking Help[edit | edit source]
After an attack was placed on Orm and Nereus by a surface world submarine, Vulko sends Mera to find Arthur. She finds him in his hometown, Amnesty Bay with his drunk father loading him into the truck before leaving. Despite her case for him on why he must go he refuses and drives off with an annoyed looking Mera. While on the drive home Mera witnesses Orm's first wave of attacks with a giant wave crashing into Amnesty Bay almost killing Thomas. After Mera controls the water and greats a giant circle around Arthur and his father she settles the waves down and continues to help bring out the water in Thomas's lungs saving his life. After witnessing the horrible events Orm caused, Arthur agrees to help and to go to Atlantis.
Arriving to Atlantis[edit | edit source]
The next morning after the tragic events, Arthur and Mera begin to travel back to Atlantis with Arthur reminiscing about his first training session with Vulko throughout the places they passed. Arriving upon a dump yard Mera shows Arthur her ship which they'll need to get to Atlantis faster, at first he refuses due to it being surrounded by trash and "smelling of chum butter" to which Mera deflects would be an improvement over his own body odor to which he agrees after smelling himself. They begin to fast travel the rest of the way to Atlantis.
Upon arriving to the gate of Atlantis, Arthur asks her whats the point of the bridge underwater. Mera reveals that the bridge is a remnant of the "Old World" and is the only way in and out of city, if someone were to try going over the bridge the hydro cannons would take them out. Mera also reveals to him that people try to sneak into Atlantis all the time, which he deflects.
Finding the Trident of Atlan[edit | edit source]
Mera was in the royal box during the Duel in the Ring of Fire between Arthur and King Orm. She saved Arthur using her ship after Orm destroyed Arthur's trident. Together, they went to the Sahara desert to try to find the dead Kingdom of the Deserters in order to read the ancient artifact that held the location of the trident. After successfully locating the lost kingdom and locating the ancient piece of tech, Mera activated it once more by using her hydrokinetic powers. After they listened to the message from Atlan, Mera destroyed the ancient message container, and the two found a bottle with a map telling them to go to Sicily, Italy, where they would find the next clue.
Upon their arrival in Sicily, the used the bottle to discover the way to the trident, but were attacked by Black Manta, Murk and the Men-of-War. Mera fought off Murk and the Atlantean soldiers while Arthur defeated Black Manta. They set sail and then dived through The Trench Kingdom and escaped through a one way portal that led to the Hidden Sea. Once through the portal, they met Atlanna, which to their shock, had survived her "execution" to the Trench. After Arthur survived the Karathen's test and took the Trident of Atlan from the skeleton of King Atlan, Mera witnessed his return.
Battle of the Brine[edit | edit source]
She would then help Arthur fight off the Men-of-War and shared a romantic kiss with him. After she informed her father that Arthur had become king, he stopped fighting. After he deposed Ocean Master and shattered his trident, she was by his side as he was hailed as king.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Mera is a strikingly beautiful woman standing around 5'7, she has long bright red hair that ends just above her waist. She wears her dark green Atlantean armor while going into battle which bears similarity to Arthur's armor due to her being royalty. However what she normally wears everyday is Atlantean skinsuit which consists of a one piece bright green suit that has small hexagons all over it to resemble fish scales and also transcends to the color blue under certain light.
Personality[edit | edit source]
To be added
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
See Also: Atlantean
- Super Strength - Mera has incredible superhuman strength (which is at its peak underwater), though not quite on the same level as Kryptonians.
- Super Stamina - Mera's advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than that of a human. As a result, her muscles produce far less fatigue toxins during physical activity compared to those of humans. This enables Mera to exert herself at peak capacity for very lengthy periods of time without tiring at all.
- Super Durability - Atlanteans' skin, muscle, and bone tissue have many times the density of the same tissue in the body of a human being, granting Mera a strong degree of invulnerability, and allowing Mera to withstand high-caliber bullets without sustaining any physical injury, as well as tremendous underwater pressures.
- Healing Factor - Despite her astounding resistance to injury, it is still possible to injure Mera. However, due to her physiology, Mera is able to heal at a rate much faster than a normal human being, but only when exposed to water.
- Super Speed - Mera can swim at incredible speeds, faster than any human, fish, or marine mammal.
- Underwater Breathing - Mera can naturally breathe underwater.
- Hydrokinesis - Mera can use Magic to control bodies of water around her to own her will.
- Enhanced Senses - Due to her physiology, all of an Mera's senses are enhanced, far beyond those of a regular person. For instance, Mera can clearly perceive her surroundings in the darkness of the ocean depths.
- Longevity - Mera have a thousand times longer lifespan than the average lifespan of a human being. While also completely immune to all known Earthly diseases, poisons and toxins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the character's 1st live action cinematic debut.
- In Greek mythology, Maera (Μαῖρα - means "the sparkler") was one of the 50 Nereids, daughters of Nereus.
- In Greek Y'Mera (Ημέρα) or Mera in short form (Μέρα) means "Day" or "Daylight" depending on usage.
See Also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
|Media||Aquaman | Untitled Aquaman film|
|Characters||Arthur Curry/Aquaman | Mera | Thomas Curry | Atlanna | Nuidis Vulko | Stephen Shin | Ricou | Rina | Scales | Atlan | Karathen | Brine King | Nereus|
|Enemies||Ocean Master | Black Manta | Jesse Kane | Trench | Murk | Orvax Marius|
|Miscellaneous||Atlantis | Xebel | Atlanna's Trident | Atlantean | Fisherman | Fisherman Kingdom | Council of Kings | The Trench Kingdom | The Brine | The Missing Kingdom | Men-of-War | Mera's Crown | Atlantean Armor | Atlantean Skinsuit | Arthur's Royal Armor | Amnesty Bay | Curry Lighthouse | Atlan's Trident | Aquaman Suit | Mera's Royal Armor | Orvax's Trident | Ocean Master Suit | Black Manta's Knives | Black Manta Suit | The Deserter Kingdom|