Biography[edit | edit source]
Mercy was first seen in the hearing for the incident in Nairomi listening to Kahina Ziri. She was later seen escorting senators June Finch and Barrows to meet with Lex Luthor in Lexcorp and is present when they discuss the recovery of the Kryptonite from the crashed Kryptonian ship.
Finch later came to visit Luthor at his house, where Mercy showed her in and to see Lex in his father's old study.
Mercy then helped deliver the body of the deceased Kryptonian, General Zod, to Lex and escorted senator Finch to Lex's study. Mercy then waited by her car as Lex offered to give Wallace Keefe, a Wayne Enterprises worker who had been injured in the Black Zero Event, a wheelchair.
At the docks, Mercy admired the Kryptonite that Anatoli Knyazev had delivered to Luthor. At Lex's party, Mercy became suspicious of Bruce Wayne who had presumably wandered into a restricted area and followed him.
Mercy was killed in the courthouse for Superman's hearing as Lex rigged Keefe's wheelchair to explode. She was killed in the Bombing of the United States Capitol.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Mercy is fiercely loyal to Lex Luthor, whom she seems to admire, and Lex, in turn, greatly respects Mercy's efficiency, considering her his closest ally and confidant, and revealing to Mercy most of his grand supervillain plans. She is a lady of few words, instead efficiently carrying out her duties and obligations. Despite Lex greatly valuing her, she is ultimately shown to be disposable to him, as Lex remorselessly decides to have her killed at the US Capitol bombing, thus ridding himself of the loose end tying him to Wallace Keefe.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Prequel (First appearance)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Crossfire
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The character of Mercy Graves was created in the 90's for the cartoon Superman: The Animated Series. She is traditionally Lex Luthor’s bodyguard and assistant.
- When first introduced in the comics, Mercy was revealed to be an amazon. Her character was then rebooted as human.
- When DC and WB originally announced Okamoto's involvement in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, in 2014, they labeled the character she was playing as "created in this fictional universe". However, on July 27, 2015, DC confirmed on their official Comic-Con Trailer Breakdown, that she is, in fact, playing Mercy Graves. 
- First live action iteration of the character.
See Also[edit | edit source]