To be added
To be added
To be added
- Aquaman (First appearance)
See Also: Atlantean
- Super Strength - Nereus has incredible superhuman strength (which is at its peak underwater), though not quite on the same level as Kryptonians.
- Super Stamina - Nereus's advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than that of a human. As a result, his muscles produce far less fatigue toxins during physical activity compared to those of humans. This enables Nereus to exert himself at peak capacity for very lengthy periods of time without tiring at all.
- Super Durability - Atlanteans' skin, muscle, and bone tissue have many times the density of the same tissue in the body of a human being, granting Nereus a strong degree of invulnerability, and allowing Nereus to withstand high-caliber bullets, as well as tremendous underwater pressures.
- Healing Factor - Despite his astounding resistance to injury, it is still possible to injure Nereus. However, due to his physiology, Nereus is able to heal at a rate much faster than a normal human being, but only when exposed to water.
- Super Speed - Nereus can swim at incredible speeds, faster than any human, fish, or marine mammal.
- Underwater Breathing - Nereus can naturally breathe underwater.
- Marine Telepathy - Nereus can telepathically communicate with marine creatures.
- Hydrokinesis - Nereus can use Magic to control bodies of water around him to his will.
- Enhanced Senses - Due to his physiology, all of an Nereus's senses are enhanced, far beyond those of a regular person. For instance, an Nereus can clearly perceive his surroundings in the darkness of the ocean depths.
Dehydration - The main weakness of all Atlanteans is extended periods of time without water, which will severely weaken them, making Atlanteans lose most of their strength and powers. As a result, while still superhumanly strong, Nereus will be somewhat weaker while on land, than he would be underwater.
- This is Nereus's first cinematic live action appearance.
- Lundgren confirmed a change in his character from the comics is he is Mera's father not her betrothed, taking King Ryus's role as her father.
- In Greek mythology, Nereus (Νηρεύς) was the eldest son of Pontus (the Sea) and Gaia (the Earth) and lived in the Aegean Sea with his children: Nerites (Νηρίτης) a male son, and Nereids (Νηρηΐδες) his 50 daughters (Nymphs of the Sea who can be helpful to sailors - they symbolized everything that is beautiful and kind about the sea). Nereus was the primordial deity/God of the sea before the defeat of the Titans by the Olympians, when Poseidon took his place. 
External Links Edit
|Media||Aquaman | Untitled Aquaman film|
|Characters||Arthur Curry/Aquaman | Mera | Thomas Curry | Atlanna | Nuidis Vulko | Stephen Shin | Ricou | Rina | Scales | Atlan | Karathen | Brine King | Nereus|
|Enemies||Ocean Master | Black Manta | Jesse Kane | Trench | Murk | Orvax Marius|
|Miscellaneous||Atlantis | Xebel | Atlanna's Trident | Atlantean | Fisherman | Fisherman Kingdom | Council of Kings | The Trench Kingdom | The Brine | The Missing Kingdom | Men-of-War | Mera's Crown | Atlantean Armor | Atlantean Skinsuit | Arthur's Royal Armor | Amnesty Bay | Curry Lighthouse | Atlan's Trident | Aquaman Suit | Mera's Royal Armor | Orvax's Trident | Ocean Master Suit | Black Manta's Knives | Black Manta Suit | The Deserter Kingdom|