- "I’m not broken, and I’m not alone."
Victor Stone is a former Gotham City University athlete who was on the brink of death until his father Silas used a Mother Box to save his life, transforming Victor into a half man half machine that can interface with any technology.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 External Links
Growing up, Victor heard the stories around Gotham City surrounding the legend of the Batman, with Victor being rational and not believing him to be real.
Victor was talented at football and became a star at school, and progressed to Gotham City University, where he was the quarterback for the University's team.
At some unknown point, Victor was involved in a terrible car accident that left him with severe injuries leading to the majority of his limbs needing to be amputated and his body on the brink of death. Silas brought Victor to the Red Room, a place where top secret technology over the years was kept by S.T.A.R. Labs. Trying everything to save his son, Silas resorted to trying to use Alien technology to help his son, accidentally activating a Mother Box which bonded to Victor's body and created a cybernetic body for him to replace his missing body parts, reviving him and making Victor become one with the cybernetics, realizing he could seamlessly interface with other technology at will.
Life in Isolation
Ever since the accident that caused Victor to be turned into a cyborg he's spend most of his time living in his apartment with his father, Silas letting the world think he's dead while also being constantly updated on new advacements he doesn't understand. One night when his father comes home from S.T.A.R. Labs, Silas tries to encourage him to go back out into the world and to work for the lab with the Mother Box. But Victor refuses stating that the box must stay hidden and he doesn't want S.T.A.R. Labs to use the box to do to others what Silas did to him.
One night, Victor is notified that he's being researched by a Wayne computer and is able to trace it back to Wayne manor where he discovers Bruce Wayne is Batman and that he, along with Wonder Woman are looking for him. The following day Victor spies on Bruce and Diana talking about Steppenwolf and the story of the Mother Boxes, when Diana looks up Victor Stone herself, he hacks the computer to talk with her and question why they are looking for him. She asks they meet in person and brings up that she knew he was there by the lake and if they were a threat she would have attacked then. Victor gives her a location in Gotham City where she goes to meet.
To ensure he isn't seen Victor cuts the power to the whole street where he told Diana to meet him, now knowing the story behind the missing doctors form S.T.A.R. Labs and the connection to the Mother Box, Victor informs her of the Parademons staying in dead zones. Diana tries to recruit him into joining her and Bruce with the invasion but he refuses before she could convince him, he flies away restoring power to the street. However once Victor returns home he finds his home ransacked with his father missing.
Joining The Others
As the Justice League reconvened with Commissioner James Gordon, who filled them in on the missing people who have been reported throughout the precinct and the city. Cyborg showed up to the gathering with additional information on the subject at hand, he was able to deduce the Parademon tracking routes with which to allocate the location they were taking the missing people to. Figuring out where they were being whisked away for questioning about the location of Steppenwolf's Mother Box. Having deduced the likeliest point to search: He, Batman and Diana took off without a trace leaving a solemn Gordon with a much befuddled Flash behind in their wake.
The team goes to find Steppenwolf interrogating the S.T.A.R. Labs employees about the final Mother Box, which Barry gets nervous and tells the team that he hasn't done battle before, which Batman says just save one person.
Steppenwolf then grabs Silas Stone, which Cyborg shots Steppenwolf and saves his father, then Wonder Woman helps out by attacking the Parademons and taking Steppenwolf to a different part of the factory. While Batman fights the Parademons, Barry goes and saves one of the employees. Steppenwolf tells the Parademons that he will deal with Diana alone: Meanwhile, Batman is being attacked by one of the Parademons, then he tells Alfred that he needs the Knightcrawler, which he sends the machine to Bruce.
Flash and Cyborg save all the hostage which Silas Stone tells Victor that Steppenwolf can not get the final Mother Box. Batman then jumps down into the Knightcrawler and saves Wonder Woman before the Parademons could kill her. The Knightcrawler gets attacked by Steppenwolf, which Barry helps Wonder Woman get her sword so she can help Batman.
Flash and Wonder Woman gets attacked by Steppenwolf and the Parademons before Batman helps her by killing one of the Parademons. Cyborg then falls into the Knightcrawler and hacks it in his control, which he uses it against Steppenwolf. But the Knightcrawler fails when Steppenwolf caught a missile and threw it against the wall, which then causes the harbor to flood which allows Steppenwolf to escape.
Before Diana could get hit with the flooding water, Aquaman came and saved the team by using his quindent to hold back the water while the League escaped.
After the fight with Steppenwolf, Batman meets with Gordon before Arthur showed up and said that Steppenwolf took the Mother Box from Atlantis. Finally, Victor then reveals that he is in possession of the final Mother Box, which he hid from his father. The team returns to the Batcave, which Barry runs around the cave and sits in the Batmobile before Bruce calls for a meeting with the team. Bruce concluded that they should use the Mother Box to bring Superman back to life. He believed that they need Superman to restore hope in humanity. Diana and Arthur are hesitant about the idea, but Bruce forms a secret contingency plan.
Out in the Smallville Cemetery, Stone and Allen were tasked to dig for Kal-El's casket while they had conversations as they kept digging. Stone knew the stories Diana had told him and the team about Steppenwolf. The two then also compared each other's accidents; Allen got struck by lightning and Stone woke up in S.T.A.R. Labs after his transformation.
As the Justice League were readying the plan to get inside Kryptonian ship and bring Kal-El's casket, Cyborg notified Batman that they're approaching the Kryptonian ship. Barry Allen drove up in disguise as a security staff member to infiltrate the gate, so Cyborg managed to hack Allen's fake identity to enter, so the guard allowed him to enter.
The team put Clark's body in the waters of the Kryptonian ship, using Allen's Speed Force to activate the Box, causing the resurrection of Superman. When Superman flew out of the Kryptonian ship and landed in Heroes Park, Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash and Wonder Woman meet him, which they notice that something is wrong with him, as Clark uses his x-ray vision to scan the League: Suddenly, Stone accidentally launches a projectile at him as his cybernetic body registers a threat to him. Superman attacked Cyborg with his heat vision as the reason for the Justice League tries to calm him down, but he overpowers them.
As the League all jump on top of Superman, Barry runs around him, but Superman saw him and attacked him. Batman arrived and tried to get Superman to stop fighting the League, but he hits them. Before Kal-El could kill Bruce, Lois Lane and Alfred arrived to stop him.
Superman calms down and leaves with Lois to the Kent farm where he reflects and tries to recover his memories. After the battle, Steppenwolf retrieved the final Mother Box.
Argument with Aquaman
With the Justice League returned to the Batcave, Cyborg stood by the glass waterfall and told the team that Steppenwolf would keep the Mother Boxes somewhere they do not read; no internet, no satellite coverage. Aquaman then had exaggerated Cyborg that he might find the boxes or not, which led him to turn around and turn his sonic-cannon on in anger. Aquaman accused Cyborg of resurrecting and letting Superman attack them in Heroes Park.
Wonder Woman walked over to Cyborg and persuaded him to know about the Mother Boxes' energy and assured him that if he went under, the League would pull him back out. After what he heard from her, Cyborg then warned Wonder Woman to keep Aquaman away from him after their argument.
Battle to Chernobyl
The Justice League used Flying Fox to Russia to stop Steppenwolf from bringing the Mother Boxes together; the team planned how they're going to stop Steppenwolf, Batman tells the team that he going to take out the tower while the reason of the League will separate the Mother Boxes. Batman destroyed the tower, but the controls on the Flying Fox also didn't report, which cause it to crash. Bruce got in the Batmobile and used a siren to get the attention of the Parademons: This allowed the Justice League to get to the Mother Boxes without any problems.
The Parademons attack the Batmobile, ripping off one of the guns that it had opening up the car before Wonder Woman and the League saved Batman. Arthur jumped on the Batmobile before getting attacked by Parademons, which led Cyborg to save him and threw him to the other Parademons. The Batmobile gets destroyed after Batman ejected from the vehicle and used his grapple, he swings across to take out the Parademons.
Diana confronts Steppenwolf, before Cyborg attacks him, which leads to Wonder Woman fighting Steppenwolf. As Flash helped Cyborg get to the Mother Boxes, he takes care of the Parademons. While Cyborg tries to separate the Mother Boxes, Batman saves Flash by grappling his legs from stopping him from falling: Batman takes one of the Parademons' guns and fires at them. Steppenwolf finds out that Cyborg is trying to separate the Mother Boxes, which he grabs him before Wonder Woman saves him.
Alfred informs Bruce that people are in danger, which Batman tells Flash that he needs to save the civilians. Diana and Arthur try to keep Steppenwolf away from Cyborg by using the Lasso of Hestia to pull him down, then Steppenwolf attacked them both before he knocks Arthur into a wall breaking the ceiling before Diana saves him. Cyborg tries to keep Steppenwolf away from him but fails which leads with Steppenwolf pulling off one of his legs.
Before Steppenwolf could kill Cyborg, Superman comes and saves him. Bruce tells Superman that he needs to buy Cyborg some time to separate the Mother Boxes and to help civilians: Superman catches up with Flash saving the ones on the right. Victor calls Superman for help with the Mother Boxes, which Steppenwolf attacks the Justice League and then Superman freezes Steppenwolf's Axe and Diana breaks it with her sword. So it caused Steppenwolf to be attacked by the Parademons before he returns to Apokolips. With Steppenwolf gone and the invasion over, Cyborg happily says "Booyah" in victory.
A New World
Following Steppenwolf's defeat, Cyborg is bonding with his father as they both make improvements to his body.
Mentioned in "[on Infinite Earths: Part Four|Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four]"
Powers and Abilities
- "Organic and biomechatronic body parts - he's a cyborg."
- —Wonder Woman
- "Every day, I wake up different. Modified. "
- —Victor Stone
- Technorganic Physiology: After surviving a horrible accident and becoming a cybernetic organism with the help of S.T.A.R. Labs technology and an Apokoliptan Mother Box, Victor Stone has gained various superhuman abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Cyborg's armored cybernetic body grants him considerable superhuman strength, making him the fourth strongest member of the Justice League (after Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman). Hence, Cyborg was able to easily stop and knock back a flying Humvee mid-air, smash right through the Knightcrawler's roof, as well as catch and hurl Aquaman 30 feet through the air, and he even helped Superman pry apart the 3 Mother Boxes with his bare hands, though doing so visibly strained Cyborg. However, Cyborg was effortlessly overpowered by an angry resurrected Superman (with only Lois Lane's timely intervention saving him), and then by Steppenwolf.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Cyborg's cybernetic body is extremely durable, capable of withstanding immense blunt force trauma, as well as flight at extremely high altitudes. However, beings stronger than him can still wound Cyborg, notably when resurrected Superman painfully beat Cyborg to the ground, and later when Steppenwolf cut through the former's shoulder with his battle ax, and later tore off several of Cyborg's limbs.
- Self-Repair: Cyborg, due to the Mother Box healing him, is capable of repairing his biomechatronic and regenerating his organic body parts in the event that they become damaged. This way Victor notably managed to heal his body and regrow lost organic body parts with biomechatronic parts after his horrible accident, thereby becoming Cyborg. Even after Steppenwolf cut through his shoulder and tore off several of his limbs, Cyborg was able to recover and weld himself back together fairly quickly.
- Superhuman Stamina: Cyborg has incredible stamina, with him never tiring or needing to sleep. Indeed, Cyborg doesn't need to consume food, or even breathe if he were to choose not to.
- Technology Manipulation: Victor, as a cybernetic organism, is able to interface and control any system he has access to, allowing him to manipulate data seamlessly. He was able to access the highly sophisticated Batcomputer when attempting to communicate with Batman and Wonder Woman, and integrate with the Knightcrawler in the fight against Steppenwolf. He is even able to interface with advanced technology from other worlds, such as Scout Ship 0344 and the Mother Boxes. Cyborg remains constantly plugged into the Internet, taking in and processing vast amounts of code and data. However, Cyborg admits to not having fully mastered this power.
- Holographic Projection: Cyborg can make holographic projections of data that he discovers on the Internet.
- Technological Enhancement: Through his mechanical interfacing, Victor can bolster the efficiency of any mechanical or cybernetic apparatus he comes across. Such as he did with Bruce Wayne's Flying Fox when the former said it couldn't get to Russia in time to stop the terraforming.
- Flight: Cyborg can achieve sustained flight, via thrusters located along his body.
- Shape-Shifting: Cyborg can rapidly reshape parts of his body into various weapons and technological equipment at will, later adding a circular red emblem to his chest. He was even able to generate a Kryptonian command key in order to activate and interface with the Scout Ship.
- Plasma Cannon: Cyborg can swiftly alter the shape of his arms into a canon, which generates extremely powerful concussive blasts of blue-hot plasma. These blasts are powerful and hot enough to instantly disintegrate a huge piece of falling debris mid-air, and one blast was even able to momentarily hurt Steppenwolf himself. However, the canon proved completely ineffective against the resurrected Superman.
- Rocket Launcher: Victor can just as spontaneously morph his left arm into a missile system, having done so on accident after integrating with the Mother Box. His defense systems having conjured it up in the presence of the revived Kryptonian.
- Immortality: As a cyborg Victor hes immortal, he live forever.
- Expert Athlete: Victor Stone had originally been a highly skilled college athlete and football star before his horrible accident, even gaining a football scholarship to Gotham City University.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Victor Stone was already a genius prior to his accident, but his mind was enhanced even further once he became a cyborg due to his mind absorbing vast amounts of data from being constantly plugged into the Internet.
- Expert Engineer: Cyborg, due to his technopathy, has become an engineering genius on par with Batman, with him therefore understanding how to use the Batcomputer and Knightcrawler, and when confronted by unfamiliar technology such as that on Scout Ship 0344 or the Unity, Cyborg can familiarize himself with it very quickly, hence he was quickly able to deduce Lex Luthor's process of creating Doomsday, as well as the upcoming process of resurrecting Superman with a Mother Box. As a result, his father Silas Stone consistently asked Cyborg to work with him and his scientists at S.T.A.R. Labs, which Cyborg eventually does.
- Stealth Expert: Cyborg, despite his mechanical body, is exceptionally stealthy, as he was able to spy on Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince from a distance, and later, along with Batman and Wonder Woman, was able to swiftly slip away when CommissionerJames Gordon turned away for a moment, surprising even The Flash was left incredulous at how he didn't notice his teammates leave, despite having superhuman reflexes and standing right beside them.
- Master Marksman: Victor Stone was already skilled with target-based activities (as a football star), and with his technological enhancements improving this even further, Cyborg becomes a perfect shot on par with Deadshot, as he can accurately hone on a moving target's trajectory to shoot it out of the air, as done with numerous Parademons.
- Technological Influence: There are many functions of Victor's cybernetic body that he can not fully control due to alien preprogramming. If his Mother Box perceives someone or something as a threat, it's defensive systems will activate and cause Victor to completely lose control of his body.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (First appearance)
- Justice League
- The Flash: Flashpoint
- Untitled Justice League film
- First live action appearance of Cyborg on film.
- Cyborg's first absolute live-action appearance, however, was in Smallville's fifth season, portrayed by late actor Lee Thompson Young.
- In the DC Comics, Cyborg has been a member of both the Teen Titans and the Justice League. The former of which he was a founding and prominent member of.
- He is currently the youngest member of the Justice League, being roughly 2 years younger than Barry Allen.
- Victor is left-handed.