Wayne Manor is the former residence of the Wayne Family.After the death of Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne, Bruce left it to decay. Bruce and Alfred now reside in a smaller modern mansion known as the Glasshouse, less than a mile away.
Built centuries ago by an unnamed Wayne ancestor, Wayne Manor grew in size and passed through several generations before being inherited by Bruce Wayne following the death of his parents.
When Bruce entered adulthood, he waged a one-man war on crime as "Batman" and converted the network of caverns beneath the mansion into a base of operations.
At some point, Bruce and his legal guardian Alfred Pennyworth moved into the Glasshouse after the death of the Waynes. When attending Lex Luthor's fundraiser in Metropolis, Bruce passed the mansion. Before his battle with Superman, Bruce visited the manor with Alfred, having a look at the legacy of the Waynes and reminding Alfred that the first generations of Waynes were hunters.
After Superman's return to life, Bruce, Diana and Alfred visited the manor with plans to repair the mansion and turn it into a new base of operations for the Justice League. The plans included a large table where the League would meet, with the options to add more chairs for new members.
- Guide to the Caped Crusader/Guide to the Man of Steel: Movie Flip Book (Mentioned only)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (First appearance)
- Justice League
- The fact that Wayne Manor was destroyed in a fire might be a reference, homage or allusion to 2005's "Batman Begins", which is unconnected to the DC Comics Extended Universe. In the movie, Wayne Manor was set ablaze by the League of Shadows and burnt to the ground.
- It could be possible that Wayne Manor was most likely destroyed by one of Gotham City's many rogues in retaliation against Bruce Wayne and/or Batman just like in Batman Begins. However given the fact that Bruce Wayne/Batman's secret identity is kept secure by the time of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it is highly unlikely that one of Batman's rogues destroyed the manor.
- Storyboards by Zack Snyder suggest that Thomas Wayne commissioned the glass house as a gift to Martha Wayne built by Martha Wayne's favorite architect and she loved the building .After Bruce turned 18 ,he moved in the glasshouse and ordered the Wayne Manor bee left to decay.
|Media||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | The Batman|
|Characters||Bruce Wayne/The Batman | Alfred Pennyworth | Dick Grayson/Nightwing | Barbara Gordon/Batgirl | James Gordon | Lucius Fox | Thomas Wayne | Martha Wayne | Jason Todd/Robin | Clark Kent/Superman | Diana/Wonder Woman|
|Enemies||Joker | Harley Quinn | Killer Croc | Deadshot | Penguin | Lex Luthor | Deathstroke | Catwoman | Poison Ivy | Jonny Frost | Cesar Santos | Anatoli Knyazev | Joe Chill | Doctor Aesop | Firefly | Black Mask | Victor Zsasz|
|Miscellaneous||Gotham City | Batcave | Arkham Asylum | Wayne Manor | Batmobile | Batsuits | Wayne Enterprises | Bat-Signal | Gotham City Police Department | Aragon Theatre | Batman film series | Ace Chemicals | Glasshouse | Batwing | Wayne Family | Blackgate Penitentiary | Batman Family | Joker's Gang | Wayne Hangar|